Thursday, November 17, 2011

OMG, I'm Blogging!

Hello, world-wide web!

  Allow me to formally introduce myself. I am a starving artist, not really a tech geek.  though I have long been a fan of the internet and all the lol's it provides, I am never the first to jump on any technological bandwagon.  Although I am under 30 (real age NOT to be divulged), technology sometimes scares me.  For example, I just got a cell phone a couple of years ago.  I remember it well.  It was a $10.00 pre-pay track phone from Wal-Mart that my best friend gifted me when he moved to Spain & no longer had use for it (Gracias, amigo!).  I occasionally put a $20.00 Top-Up card on it, and used it to talk weekly... texting not so much.

   My how things change!  I now have a "smart" phone that does everything but clean my ass (I have a bidet for that, thankyouverymuch), and I use it ALL THE TIME.  And after being about the last college student on earth to sign up for Facebook, I now even have a twitter - woah!  So naturally, my web identity needed an outlet for more than just funny links & 140 characters of who-cares-what.  I needed a place to talk about my thoughts and feelings, and more importantly, my adventures!  So here I am, dear reader.

   I will be travelling home to Alaska for Thanksgiving soon, and will update with great snowy pics & some info about my glorious 49th state.  I also recently went to Las Vagas for the first time, and have a lot of cool stuff to share from that brief, glorious trip!  So check back soon, or better yet, sign up for e-mail updates.  As bad as I am at posting pictures & things to Facebook... it may be a while!

   Side note: no amount of technological giddiness will ever conspire to make me purchase an e-reader.  I am far too in love with the weight and heft, the smell and dog-eared pages, and all of the glorious things that go along with physical books!  If you love your Kindle, I get it, I really do - it's just not for me.  Nice to know that some things, like calling Alaska home, will never change, no matter how far I've come.


2 comments:

  1. Pictures of Alaska - bring them on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pic on my header was taken by the side the road in Alaska a few years back. Seward highway to be exact. more to come!

    ReplyDelete